Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Jobs~ and wishes






Computer~ I work on these 10 hours a day, 4 days a week

Oil Well~ I am a production tech for a oil and gas company: I gather the info on oil and gas wells and calculate how much they produce and sell, then I report the info to the federal and state government


Mom and Wife~ Besides those 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, I am a part time stay at home mom as I would like to say, exept I have to cram all of the house hold chores, grocery shopping, mommy and kid time, wife and husband time, among other things all into my time that I dont have to work.


I would love to be a SAHM full time, I really would. I dream of having the luxury. Dont get me wrong. Being a SAHM is a full time job for sure. Its not easy at all. But I dream of being one full time, because I want to be there with my kids all the time. I miss out on things, that I will never be able to get back. I want to wake up to my kids voices or cries if thats the case...instead of the annoying beep of my alarm clock. I want to wake up and say...I dont feel like cleaning the floors today, I am going to take the kids to the zoo instead. Ever since I was a little girl myself, all I dreamed of being in my life was a mother. I have always loved kids, and naturally gravitated towards them. Kids are our future. Kids are clay, the way you mold them, teach them, is going to be a big facter in who they will become when the grow up. I hate that I miss out on alot of that. I hate that other people are molding parts of my children for me. I am lucky enough that my mother is the care taker of my children while I work. So it could be worse. I could have to take them to day care. Thank GOD I dont!!! I am personally not a fan of day cares.... but that is a whole other post in itself. I know my mom will do a great job with my boys. And I know that this time that they get to share with their MeMe is so very important and precious. They will have great memories with their MeMe. I grew up to far from my grandparents and never got the chance at forming a great bond with them. So I know it could be far worse. But I am stuck in a office 10 hours a day, 4 days a week. Work days, I come home: Cook dinner, clean up after dinner. Give the kids baths. Have some time to play with them. Then its time to go to bed and do it all over again. Then Fridays are crammed with Doctors appointments, and going to places that are closed on the weekends, as Fridays is my only day to get that kind of stuff done. I also do my major cleaning on Fridays as well. Saturday and Sundays, I try to do fun things with the boys. Mainly for Kameron because Kolter really has no idea whats going on yet...lol. But Saturday and Sundays are wonderful. They give me a taste of what it would be like to not have to work. Money wise, we cant afford for me not to work. My job is a great job, with huge perks, and it has given me a great foundation for furthering my career in the future if need be. So for now I will continue to sit on my ass 4 days a week, and enjoy the other 3 days. I will continue to dream of the day when I will be able to stay home......

No comments:

Post a Comment